First impressions count! A clean house will give prospective buyers the impression that the house is well maintained.
Here are some tips to keep your home showcase ready:
- Remove clutter so to showcase any improvements you have made to your home.
- It is a good time to spring clean and get rid of “stuff” you no longer need.
- Remove marks from walls with a magic eraser and clean the windows and doors.
- Have your carpets and floors professionally cleaned and polish brass hinges and doorknobs.
- During showings, keep pets away. If you have a cat, make sure that the litter box is clean and odourless.
- Open the windows for fresh air to circulate throughout the house before a showing when possible.
- A fresh coat of paint on the exterior of your home can do wonders, if possible. If not, touching up rough spots can make a huge difference.
- The garden should be neat and trimmed. You can even plant some flowers.
- The garage is very often overlooked. The potential buyers will ask to see it and to some the state of the garage will reflect the general maintenance of the property. Try to organize it neatly.
- Open houses often take place on short notice, so it is a good idea to maintain the neatness of your home in order so that it is always in good showing condition.